The Trade Ticket window opens and allows you to either trade at market prices or place a trade order at a specific price.
- When trading on a demo account, stock prices are delayed by 15 minutes, which is indicated by the orange price windows and clock icon.
- Clients on live accounts can subscribe to the relevant exchange in order to trade on live prices, which are indicated by green price windows.
To enable the subscription to the real time stock price data go to
tab and click on the
Subscribing to an exchange gives you access to live prices on Stocks, Single Stock CFDs, ETFs/ETCs and CFDs on ETFs/ETCs from the particular exchange.
4. When the exchange is closed, prices for the stock are displayed purple in the price windows. Stock market orders placed in the Order tab when the exchange is closed will be filled at the best available price when the market opens.
5. Enter the amount you would like to trade. For example
500 Deutsche Bank shares.
6. The cost of trading can be viewed in the
Info section of the trade ticket prior to placing the trade request.
7. In the live platform with default settings, clients with real time pricing can click enable in the trade window and proceed to buying or selling the stock by clicking on the
Ask price in order to buy shares, or
Bid in order to sell them.
8. In the demo, clients trade on delayed prices and must place orders in the
Order tab of the trade ticket
9. Place a market order to buy
500 Deutsche Bank shares by selecting
“Market” in the
Entry type field and then clicking
A trade confirmation appears on the screen if the market order is executed.